These are the five biggest mistakes that homebuyers consistently make:
1. Not starting the process soon enough. Oftentimes, buyers don’t understand that it takes a pre-qualification from a lender to have a viable offer in this market. It’s imperative to get you connected with one early on so you’re set up for success.
2. Not having finances in order. This is another problem that is solved by connecting with a lender. They’ll review your credit and allow you to know exactly what you’ll need for a down payment and closing costs. Increasing your credit score can get you a better rate and more buying power.
3. Not writing a competitive offer. In this market, we’re competing against multiple buyers and need to make sure yours stands out. You could write a buyer lover letter or even waive contingencies to make your offer more attractive.
4. Not understanding our current market conditions and trends. It’s going to affect your home-buying process. You need to use the right strategies for the right market.
5. Not hiring an experienced team. This is the biggest mistake you can make. Our job is to stay up to date on market conditions, connect you with a trusted lender, and use our strong negotiating skills to get your offer accepted.
We would be honored to be part of your home-buying journey. If you have any questions about the process or about real estate in general, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.